We exist to be a Spirit-filled whanau that encounters the love of Jesus, to see people grow in Him and bring transformation to our community and beyond.
- Service – Discovering your giftings, developing them and using them to serve others to build up the church
- Generosity – We are generous with our time and resources (to serve in the community to create connection)
- Community – We engage with the people at church, the people of our town and surrounds
- Love – Caring and accepting others with action; treasure and value actively
- Connection – Create an environment and provide a place to belong and actively connect with God and others
We are an evangelical Church, with a strong commitment to evangelism within our local community and around the world. We believe that the Bible is the Word of God. It is our guide for faith and life:
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God and we accept its authority in all matters of faith and practice.
- In the true humanity and deity of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- In the atonement made by Jesus on the cross for the sin of the world, and His resurrection.
- In salvation by faith in Christ alone.
- In membership in the Christian Church for the spiritually reborn.
- In the immersion of believers as the scriptural form of baptism.
We also believe in the freedom that God gives every believer to be able to interpret His Word for themselves. While we are ‘one’ in the essentials of our faith, we may not always agree on peripheral matters. But our unity is not based on uniformity or sameness. It rests on our common faith in Jesus and our commitment to the vision of seeing His kingdom established here on earth.
Ready to dig a little deeper?
Use the form below to find out more about Jesus, or to talk to someone about getting baptised into the Christian faith. We’ll have someone get in touch with you to discuss any questions you may have, and to commit to meeting and talking with you about what we believe, and why.